WAITER/WAITRESS (FULL TIME AND PART TIME)
barista – Store# 18295, OLEANDER & INDEPENDENCE
Wilmington Convention Hotel Llc
A food service worker is someone who performs various food service-related duties for restaurants, hotels, cafeterias or other eateries. This typically involves working alongside wait staff in serving customers at tables as well as cleaning dining room areas after each meal is completed. Full or part-time employment options exist with average annual salaries typically between $25K and $36K expected annually.
General Food Service tasks including varied counter service duties and food production according to company standards are performed as needed. Food is produced according to approved recipes and production standards to ensure quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Work area, equipment and utensils must remain clean at all times; pans, kettles and trays of food should be transported between stove, ovens and refrigerators following proper storage and safety guidelines; supplies should be stored away in designated areas with rotation, dating and inventory management procedures
Food Service Worker Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a friendly Food service worker to prepare meals and to serve our customers. The food service worker will perform food preparation duties, such as preparing fruit and vegetables, and serve customers swiftly and efficiently. You will assist in preparing hot items for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and serve these as well as grab-and-go items. You will maintain knowledge of our products, and provide customers with correct information where necessary.
To be successful in this role, you need to perform optimally in a dynamic, high-pressure environment. Preferred candidates are fast-paced, organized, and dexterous.
Food Service Worker Responsibilities:
- Performing preparation duties such as rinsing, peeling, slicing, and dicing fruit and vegetables.
- Weighing and measuring ingredients.
- Wrapping, date-labeling, and storing food items.
- Cleaning and organizing work areas, equipment, utensils, and service station.
- Following established recipes to prepare menu items.
- Following guidelines to ensure correct serving temperatures and adequate portion control.
- Serving customers in a fast, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Providing customers with information regarding food ingredients, availability, and pricing.
- Escalating customer concerns and complaints to management.
- Assisting customers to pay for products.
- Complying with relevant safety, hygiene, and service standards and procedures.
Food Service Worker Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 6+ months of food service experience.
- Completion of the provided training program.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient understanding of food allergies and modified diets.
- Proficient understanding of HACCP requirements.
- Excellent people skills.
- Available to work shifts and extended hours.